Southern Fuels & Farm Supplies Ltd has a long established partnership with some of Ireland’s leading calf feed manufactures. This relationship allows us to provide an extensive range of innovative quality feeds for our customers.
The early management of an animal’s life will have a significant impact on its lifetime performance including its health,growth, longevity and production potential. Our calf range has been designed to provide calves with the very best start in life. Formulated with the highest quality toasted ingredients they provide the essential nutrients to promote growth and the early development of the rumen. All are fortified with high quality vitamin and mineral packages to help to build a healthy immune system plus yeast additives to enhance digestion and thrive. Formulating a ration is a matter of combining feeds to make a ration that will be eaten in the amount needed to supply the daily nutrient requirements of the animal.
Calf Starter 18
• Extremely palatable coarse blend contains high levels of Toasted Flaked Ingredients
• High energy value from Toasted Flaked Barley and Toasted Flaked Maize
• High quality protein from Toasted Full Fat Soya and Toasted Flaked Peas
• Biomass yeast extract is very effective in reducing incidences of scour
• Contains a full mineral and vitamin package to promote calf health and vigor.
• Designed as a follow on from our Calf Starter Blend with similar ingredients
• High protein quality from Toasted Flaked Full Fat Soya to stimulate growth
• Contains Yeassac yeast to aid faster rumen development and improve general health
• Optimum levels of minerals and vitamins are included.
Calf to Beef
• Introduce as a follow on from Calf Grower
• As with previous Calf Blends it is based on the same Toasted Ingredients which increase palatability and maximise growth performance
• This blend is the ideal bridge from calf feeding to more intensive beef finishing systems.
Super Calf Rearer
• Top quality 17% protein nut, to be fed to calves from weaning onwards.
• Quality protein sources including HiPro Soya, to meet protein requirements for the growing calf.
• Contains RumeThrive to boost intakes, reduce digestive upsets and improve calf health.
• Fully fortified with minerals and vitamins with high levels of phosphorus and calcium to promote bone growth and development.
• Formulated with high levels of digestible fibre that allows for the development of a highly efficient rumen.
• High energy levels to maximise growth rates and to ensure calves achieve critical weight targets.
• B Vitamins included to improve the health status of the calf.
Calf 20 has been described by some farmers as the Rolls Royce of calf rations; it’s a top quality starter ration suitable for calves from one week of age. It’s packed with top quality ingredients such as Soya, Flaked Barley, Peas, Maize and yeast. Minerals included in this ration are in the form of pellets to guarantee consistency of consumption and support good bone development. It is generously coated with molasses resulting in a coarse non dusty palatable ration. Calf 20 gives your calf the best possible start in life and is essential if you are aiming for early advanced growth.
Our Calf 18 can be used as a starter ration or a follow on ration to Calf 20, again this is highly nutritious, and contains great sources of digestible energy, and a rich protein of 18%. At this stage concentrate intake will be increased and so a lower level of protein is sufficient. It also contains Yeasacc 1026 aiding continuous rumen development. Calf 18 has proved to be a most popular starter ration with our customers and is normally used up to 12 weeks of age, however if you are aiming for optimum health, strong immunity and early weaning the 2 step program is advisable.
Our Calf 16 is a follow on from Calf 18 and is most commonly used for weaned calves. It also contains cooked ingredients ensuring your calf gets the boost that’s needed post weaning. Calves should be actively growing at this stage in their life and so it’s important to maintain a high quality concentrate diet.
Consult Our Team to discuss our entire Calf range.